Thursday, November 14, 2013

Three developments have helped me recently. My daughter Zoe gave me a more powerful Mac, other family members gave me gift certificates that enabled me to buy a refurbished large monitor and I am back to a three day a week schedule at WAAM. The new Mac lets me handle large files easily, so I am making larger pictures with more detail. The three day a week schedule gives me much more time to work on my art.

I finished Sealed with a Kiss and Night Bird this week. To see the entire composition of Night Bird, please click on the thumbnail. Unlike most of my recent work, Night Bird is not a square. And yes, the title does relate to the all-night disk jockey that used to be on WPLJ back in the day. However, there are many other associations as well. Night Bird is meant to be printed at 80 inches wide.